Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My old BSA gets a new look-

I just got an email from a guy asking if his bike looked familiar to me. I was shocked to see my old 1970 BSA Lightning that I brought back from the dead a few years ago, then sold to a friend, that sold it to someone else. Apparently, the new owner like it enough to keep lots of the stuff the same, but added a few of his own touches that appear to be nicely done. He removed the side covers, stretched the swingarm a few inches, and replaced the stock seat with a much nicer and smaller one. He also added the exhaust wrap and shorty mufflers, which I normally wouldn't be a big fan of, but the bike looks good with them. The bottom pic is when I brought the bike home, the middle one is when I sold it, and obviously, the top pic is the current state of the bike. Nice work Rudy! Let me know if you ever decide to part with it...


1 comment:

  1. Do you have a pic of the "when you sold it" bike that shows the left side?

    ReplyDelete